He’s brash, he’s cocky, he’s confident and he’s still undefeated. One of the best defensive fighters of all time is never short of words but he’s always backed up his trash talking.
Here are the greatest Floyd Mayweather Jr quotes.
1) “Hard work, dedication!”
2) “All work is easy work.”
3) “Showing is better than telling.”
4) “There’s no blueprint on how to beat me.”
5) “I’m the best at talking trash I’m also the best at going out there and backing it up.”
6) “If you’re the best then take the test!” – On the subject of random testing for Performance Enhancing Drugs.
7) “It’s about having personality…it’s not about being the bad guy, it’s about entertaining people.”
8) “Some pay to see me win, some pay to see me lose, but they all pay.”
9) “It’s protect yourself at all times.” – After his conversational victory over Victor Ortiz.
10) “I don’t feel that no fighter has the mental or physical agility to match Floyd Mayweather.”
11) “When it’s all said & done only God can judge me. I’m going to go out there on 5/5 to give my fans what they want to see.”
12) “I don’t have to run from none of these fighters. If I want to keep my defense tight and break em’ down I can.”
13) “Cotto is a talented fighter but I’m God gifted.”
14) “No athlete works harder than Floyd Mayweather.”
15) “It’s the hurt business, it’s boxing. We’re there to get it in.”
16) “Shit happens in the sport of boxing. You wanted to see a KO, that’s what I gave you.” – On his ‘cheap shot’ on Victor Ortiz.
17) “Of course, we all know what UFC stands for – Undefeated Floyd’s Champion”
18) “The ultimate goal is to always break records.”
19) “There are all these athletes out there cheating. I am clean and pure.”
20) “I want to be able to separate the average from the good and from the great. I want to separate the ordinary from the extraordinary.”
21) “I’m not in this sport to see how hard I can get hit or to see how many big punches I can take. I am in this game to fight as long as I can. I am trying to dish a lot of punishment.”
22) “The sport needs the cash cow back.” – Talking about his comeback.
23) “Once again we’re talking to Brian Kenny, a man of many traits, a master of nothing.”
24) “I don’t have to wait for nobody, I move when I wanna move.”
25) “Bob arum is Manny Pacquiao’s boss, Floyd Mayweather is his own boss.”
26) “Once I beat a guy, mentally and physically, he’s never the same.”
27) “I’m running my mouth a lot and I’m looking for a guy to shut me up. If you don’t shut me up I’m going to keep running my mouth.”
28) “I don’t fight for bragging rights. I’ve proved myself.”
29) “A belt don’t make me.”
30) “I don’t fold under pressure, great athletes perform better under pressure, so put pressure on me.”
To get the most out of your training, I highly recommend the following top-rated boxing training & boxing equipment articles:
► Advanced Boxing Workshop Course (improve balance, footwork and punching power)
► How To Box In 10 Days Course (quickly learn all the boxing fundamentals)
► How To Choose A Heavy Punching Bag
► Top 10 Best Heavy Punching Bags
► Top 10 Best Boxing Gloves